Saturday 16 February 2013

Five to the Shelf

I just want to let you know that I won't be posting a review for a little while. I've been on a brief 'hiatus' lately because of my extra schoolwork and the fact I went to Germany last weekend. I've been totally exhausted, and I'm sorry to say my reading has been a casualty. However, I hope to post a review of Susan Vaught's Freaks Like Us in the near future. This week's Five are books I've had my eye on for a while, and I'm (as always) really excited to read them. What did you get this week? Happy reading!

Counting Backwards by Laura Lascarso

Length: 279 pages
Published: August 14th 2012
Publisher: Atheneum

Counting Backwards is a debut, and although I think the cover is totally creepy, I think this book is right up my alley. Also, there happens to be a nice romance brewing, from what I've read in reviews...











Ask the Passengers by AS King

Length: 296 pages
Published: October 23rd 2012
Publisher: Little, Brown

I wouldn't say this book is distinctly original in terms of basic plot (contrary to the blurb), but I think it's the magical realism aspect that made me want to read this. Lying down and looking at the sky is something I've always done, and I know that any book by AS King will be brilliant. Plus, that cover is lovely.










Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Length: 369 pages (UK paperback)
Published: January 10th 2013 (UK)
Publisher: Random House (UK), Dutton (US)

Just One Day has received loads of hype, and I'm kind of nervous about reading it. I haven't read Forman's previous novels so I don't know what I'm getting in to. That said, I've heard she's a very talented writer. I love a good travel book, though, so maybe this will be just what I'm looking for after reading the phenomenal Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard last year.









What Happens Here by Tara Altebrando

Length: 256 pages
Published: May 6th 2008
Publisher: MTV Books

I absolutely adored Tara Altebrando's novel The Pursuit of Happiness (in fact, it's one of my favourites, ever), so I've got high hopes for What Happens Here, her follow-up. It seems to be a mix of travel, mystery, and romance, so it definitely looks like a book for me.










Falling For You by Lisa Schroeder

Length: 355 pages
Published: January 1st 2013
Publisher: Simon Pulse

The cover is the kind you probably wouldn't want to be seen in public with, I know. However, Lisa Schroeder writes solid contempories with appropriate amounts of drama, realism, and romance. I got this on my Kindle a little while ago, and I'm looking forward to it. Plus, Rae seems like a highly relatable character.

No comments:

Post a Comment