Saturday 24 December 2011

"Forgotten" by Cat Patrick

Here's the thing about me: I can see the future in flashes, like memories. But my past is a blank.
I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, and an argument that won't happen until this afternoon. But I don't know what I ate for dinner last night. I get by with the help of notes, my mom and my best friend Jamie, and the system works...

Until now. Everything's falling apart. Jamie's going off the rails. My mom is lying to me. And I can't see the boy I adore in my future. But today, I love him. And I never want to forget how much...

This novel was a great, interesting mix of thriller, romance and contemporary fiction. It was slow to start, but I did find that once it got going, the plot pulled me in. However, I found some of the aspects of the plot confusing and some parts didn't add up. I liked the characters of London and Luke, and I thought their romance was fantastic; the best I've read in a long time. I do also think, however, that London's character could have been given more depth, and her "memories" of the future (I found this easy at first to grasp, but as the plot became more complicated it totally confused me) could have been explained more fully, as I was left in the dark about much of the future events. Overall, a wonderful book that I would definitely read again, (and I'll go see the film) but to improve it, I recommend that Cat Patrick needs to work on characterization and plot calculations, to make sure that it all makes sense to the reader.

Rating: A- 

No comments:

Post a Comment